How to start working with us.
Geolance is a marketplace for remote freelancers who are looking for freelance work from clients around the world.
Create an account.
Simply sign up on our website and get started finding the perfect project or posting your own request!
Fill in the forms with information about you.
Let us know what type of professional you're looking for, your budget, deadline, and any other requirements you may have!
Choose a professional or post your own request.
Browse through our online directory of professionals and find someone who matches your needs perfectly, or post your own request if you don't see anything that fits!
Balconies are no longer seen as a warehouse for useless items. To create more room, many individuals insulate the balcony. It may be utilized for various functions, including a bedroom, tiny gym, and even library. An insulation specialist will be accessible on Geolance's site within minutes to do it correctly, quickly, and inexpensively. The benefit of having the balcony insulation finished professionally is that you get better quality and long-term Insulation. This will save you money for future repairs, and it'll be much more efficient than DIY options.
This may seem like a simple task, but in actuality, it isn't straightforward to do correctly. If not done properly, there can be health and safety issues, and the Insulation will lose its effectiveness. In addition, there can be damage to your balcony, or it may even fall off! Geolance is a one-stop solution for all of your insulation needs. CoInsulationhave years of experience in this industry, so you can depend on us if you live in Palm Beach Town, QLD.
Balcony cladding - stages and methods
Insulating a loggia or balcony is a lot easier than you might think, and it's possible with the use of a range of contemporary materials and procedures. For example, you may protect your money by external elements or construct a full-fledged warm room from the balcony. It would be redundant to go through all of the alternatives - you'll be able to choose an expert based on the object itself. Regardless matter how Insulation, the insulation process will follow the standard procedure: The materials and methods for this job include + Insulation of the balcony outside. + Exterior cladding utilizing thermal insulation materials. Foam or mineral wool are most often used for this purpose, but other options exist depending on budget and design criteria.
Insulation on the inside of the balcony. It may be done in conjunction with external heating or independently, originating from the outside. In this situation, the thermal insulation substance is applied directly to the building structure's floor, walls, and ceiling. To prevent condensation build-up and other problems, the Insulation is laid in such a way as to leave no abrupt changes in the building's structure. On the other hand, using the same elements with a reinforced concrete wall shows no effect on the surface temperatures or even a slightly negative(!), reducing the slab temperature in the junction area. In terms of energy loss, the effect on the masonry construction is little, whereas it shows practically no impact with the concrete walls. The reason is again the high conductivity of the concrete, which enables the heat flow to bypass the insulation elements easily. This is precisely where to start warming or balcony loggia, since through a floor heat loss also occurs, walls and finishing is performed after.
- Thermal Insulation of ceilings and walls.
- The use of thermal insulation materials on the inside surfaces of balconies will help maintain a comfortable temperature and save on energy costs.
- The insulation material is usually installed in the form of a panel, which can be attached directly to the surface or framed.
- To avoid condensation build-up, it is necessary to have an effective ventilation system.
- The Insulation requires finishing with interior wall coverings. From this perspective, the exterior cladding is not particularly appropriate because of its aesthetic impact on the overall design of the building. On the other hand, if you plan to install a glass railing or fence, it is better to use an insulation material that can be painted to match the colour of the cladding.
- Thermal Insulation on the outside of a balcony.
- The application of thermal Insulation in the form of a panel or blanket to the exterior surfaces of a balcony will help maintain a comfortable temperature and save on energy costs.
Balcony Post insulating - an inexpensive and simple method of protecting your object from humidity
Insulation balcony posts can be erected as little as 24 hours after an order is placed, and no significant changes are necessary. Furthermore, you'll save money on this project since we deliver the service at a meagre price (eliminating intermediaries and their associated costs). Our firm provides the following insulation balcony services:
Balcony decorating, loggia decoration. These are finishing tasks completed after the interior and external heating stages. Finishing materials include siding/lining, decorative plaster, and more. Their goal is to preserve the insulating layer while also providing an attractive appearance. In old buildings, moisture often appears in the balcony door area. The reason may be a thermal bridge or improperly made anti-moisture Insulation. If, during the thermal renovation of the façade, polyurethane foam is used in the area where the balcony meets the wall and the door sill, besides increased thermal Insulation, the waterproofing will also be improved.
Liquid applied waterproofing. A liquid membrane is perfect for waterproof balconies, loggias, and terraces. An experienced professional must use this material to ensure that the balcony remains watertight for years to come.
Geolance offers a wide range of services for the Insulation of balconies, loggias, and terraces, including installing insulated curtains and liquid applied to waterproof. Contact us today so we can help you with your individual needs!
The thermal bridge occurs when there is an increased heat flow on the inhomogeneous partition or at the joint of surfaces and materials. Balcony slabs combined with ceiling tie beam, window lintel, and door sill constitute a natural accumulation of thermal bridges. In currently built houses, to connect balcony slabs with the building structure, prefabricated "balcony connectors" are used. They are specially designed constructions with integrated Insulation, which are mounted in the plane of Insulation at the stage of tie-beam pouring.
The objectives of the thermal renovation are to decrease heat losses, reduce CO2 emissions, and improve the comfort conditions in the rooms. To achieve these goals, it is necessary to consider all the elements of building design that influence energy efficiency. For example, properly insulating balconies is one way to make your home more comfortable and save on energy costs.
There are several ways to insulate your balcony, and each has its advantages and disadvantages. Here are a few methods that are commonly used:
- Exterior Insulation. This is the most common method, and it involves installing Insulation on the outside of the balcony. This is a good option if you have an existing patio and want to improve its Insulation.
- Interior insulation. This is another standard method, and it involves installing Insulation on the inside of the balcony. This is a good option if you are building a new patio or improving the Insulation of an existing terrace.
- Insulated curtains. This is a less common method, but it involves installing insulated curtains on the inside of your balcony. This is a good option if you already have an existing patio and want to improve its Insulation.
- Interior/exterior insulation. This method combines both exterior and interior Insulation to provide superior energy performance. It's more expensive than other options, but it does provide better energy performance.
- Insulated beams. This is a less common method, but it provides superior energy performance. It involves pouring concrete on the balcony and inserting insulated beams in the concrete after it sets. This is a good option if you already have an existing patio and want to improve its Insulation.
Balconies and loggias do not always have the exact thermal insulation requirements as the walls of a building. Therefore, to achieve the best results, it is essential to use the proper Insulation for your specific application. Here are some of the most common types of Insulation:
- Polystyrene foam. This is a good option for balconies and loggias because it is lightweight and has excellent Insulation.
- Mineral wool. This is a lightweight option with good insulating performance, but it's not as energy efficient as polystyrene foam.
- Extruded polystyrene (XPS). XPS provides excellent Insulation, but it's expensive and tends to retain moisture over time. Because of this, it's not a good option for balconies and loggias.
- Polyurethane foam. This is a good option for balconies and loggias because it has excellent insulation properties, is lightweight, and is resistant to moisture.
- Glass wool. This is a good option for balconies and loggias because it is a good insulator and easy to install.
- Polyisocyanurate foam. This is a good option for balconies and loggias because it has excellent insulation properties, is lightweight, and can be installed without nails.
- Cement fiberboard. This is a good option for balconies and loggias because it is a good insulator, moisture-resistant, and can be painted.
- Bitumen. Bitumen is a good option for balconies and loggias because it effectively prevents heat loss.
External Insulation of a cantilever or balcony
A primary result is that external Insulation requires extensive or complete application of insulation panels around the balcony. The cantilever slab corresponds to a cooling fin design. It has a large surface on the outside and a highly conductive core on the inside. For this reason, it is necessary to insulate the balcony with a sufficiently thick panel and as complete as possible. When assessing a thermal bridge, two different effects have to be considered: Local reduction of the surface temperature caused by the thermal bridge. The temperature reduction is characterized by evaluating the lowest interior surface temperature. This temperature should stay above dew point temperature to avoid condensation on the wall or ceiling.
What is the uniqueness of this insulator?
The properties of an insulating material, adhesive mortar, and hydro-insulation were combined in one product. The popularity of polyurethane foam is constantly growing also due to the ease of moulding, high flexibility, and tightness. It is used as an insulating material in almost all thermal insulation types. For example, the insulation balcony posts are extruded polystyrene foam with a very low thermal conductivity.
When you're looking for a way to keep your home warm during the winter and cool during the summer, consider our balcony insulation services! We have a wide variety of solutions to help you maintain your desired temperature. Want to know more about what we do? Contact us today so we can help you with your individual needs!
High-quality balcony cladding - from whom to order a service?
The following are some of the advantages that Geolance offers: Customers get access to optimal pricing for balcony insulation, quick work, and assured quality. It is enough to create tasks in this category; provide a succinct description of the requirements; establish reasonable terms and pricing; select a professional based on their portfolio, reviews, and ratings.
Only tested candidates are included in the database of performers. This ensures the client's safety and the completion of the professional's agreed-upon list of works since it limits interaction with intermediaries. In addition, due to direct contact with the contractor, prices for balcony insulation are accessible: without intermediary margins, substantial savings can be achieved without sacrificing quality.
Get instant access to thousands of videos, how-tos, tool reviews, and design features. These are required to provide basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. These cookies help us track site metrics to improve our sites and provide a better user experience. These cookies are used to serve advertisements aligned with your interests.
Geolance is an on-demand staffing platform
We're a new kind of staffing platform that simplifies the process for professionals to find work. No more tedious job boards, we've done all the hard work for you.
Geolance is a search engine that combines the power of machine learning with human input to make finding information easier.