As work from home continues to rise in this emerging digital economy, so does the demand for work from home jobs such as freelance jobs. As a result, many creative professionals are switching towards online work-from-home jobs that offer more flexibility than a full-time job.
These freelance work-from-home jobs in creative marketing involve graphic art designing for various marketing-related tasks such as social media content, video editing, websites designs, marketing content, art, brand creation, and other media projects for a company.
Work from home opportunities can be difficult to find depending on your skills and where you live. But there are several ways you can find work-from-home jobs online. Many companies offer freelancers work-from-home opportunities. One such company is Geolance.
Geolance is an online platform that offers work from home opportunities to a freelance professional such as a graphic designer, a marketing specialist, a social media executive, a data analyst, a media professional, a software designer, a content writer, and any other person with talent and skills. This staffing platform helps freelancers find projects and work from home to get paid.
So if you are a graphic designer or a creative art designer, you can offer your services to a business that requires your services. For example, if you are a marketing business in need of a creative designer, you can post your job online on Geolance to find the right designer for your business.
Types of work from home jobs for a creative designer online
Graphic designing work is growing in demand by businesses to promote their work online. This has created many opportunities for freelancers to apply for work from home jobs and get paid online.
If you are a graphic designer or a freelancer with a flair for art, you can work with a digital marketing business online to get paid at home. Many digital marketing companies are offering several types of creative marketing and graphic designing jobs, including:
- Logo designing - Creating a logo for a business that promotes its brand and work online is one of the most important work from home jobs for a graphic designer.
- Social media work - These days, digital marketing businesses require social media promotion to work effectively online. For this purpose, they introduce various deals such as discounts or promotions to help them get an advantage in their industry online. They work with freelancers such as graphic designers to introduce these deals on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- Sketch work - If you work with a digital marketing business, you will work with companies looking to work online. Therefore they have an online website that requires work from home graphic designers to design their website for better visibility in the digital market.
- Video work - You can also work with an online video production company to work online designing graphics for videos. This type of freelance work is becoming very popular in this emerging economy, where more people are turning towards internet-based jobs.
- Marketing content work - Graphic designers require almost every type of business to introduce their brand and promote themselves through various media channels online. The demand for work from home jobs involving graphic art has increased over time, especially when it comes to social media promotion work through blogs, websites.
- Creative art - You can work as a freelance artist and work with an online art community such as Deviant Art. The possibilities are endless as there is virtually no limit to work from home opportunities for graphic designing work.
- Web design - Web designing work continues to be one of the work from home jobs online that are increasingly in demand by businesses. This is due to an increasing number of people who work full time and rely on opportunities to earn extra money at home.
- Video editing - Video work has increased over time, and more work from home opportunities for graphic designers continue to arise online. Video work involves editing work such as removing unwanted objects and introducing new things and backgrounds in a video scene.
- Photo editing - Design work is not limited to design pieces online on websites or social media work. You can work with a digital marketing business that provides work-from-home opportunities for graphic designers on photo editing and pictures. This type of work enables companies to improve their visibility online through various promotional materials, including photos taken by the public.
- Sketch work - Graphic designers must create images that represent an ideal picture in everyone's mind. They include diverse multimedia materials that provide work from home jobs online. For example, sketch work involves creating sketch images of objects such as cars, animals and buildings.
- Business branding - Branding work is increasingly necessary for work from home jobs online. This type of work involves creating images that represent a brand or business logo.
- Marketing posters work - Graphic work is not limited to designing work online on social media and working with an online video production house. You can work as a freelance artist and work with various businesses that require different marketing posters such as movie posters, music posters and more.
- Social media content - Social media work is becoming more critical in work from home jobs online. This work involves working with businesses looking to work online, including social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- Social media content work - You can also work with marketing companies looking for creatives to work online. Social marketing companies look for graphic designers who know various social marketing platforms. For example, they may provide discounts or promotional material on the internet through blog posts, infographics or even videos.
- So if you are a creative professional looking for work from home jobs online and have experience in any of the positions mentioned above, you can easily apply for such a job in any company and get paid.
The need for self-promotion never ends.
Self-promotion is not necessary for only the beginning of any freelance career but the entire career path. You have to plant the seeds because your marketing efforts can take a while to show results. Show your achievements and accomplishments to land that job. Take pictures of your website projects. You can also create case studies and portfolios to make your case. A great portfolio would help make your case in a job application.
Big clients aren't always the best clients.
Small job opportunities turn into the most lucrative and provide future job opportunities. Keep in mind that larger companies often involve multiple people, which can quickly become overwhelming to handle at your job. Check the payment terms of big companies and decide if you can work with them. Ask people if their other decision-makers in that business.
Even if you are applying for work from home jobs, you need to know everything about that business, including the decision-makers, marketing goals, company objectives, job description, and other info related to that business. This is especially applicable when you are applying for a big company because with a big company comes more significant responsibilities. Ideally, it would help if you used it in a small or medium-sized business as things are much simpler in a small business.
Your income won't be consistent.
When you apply for online jobs, your income is not consistent. Online jobs are often part-time or freelance jobs. So you will never know when you will land your next creative art or marketing project. Therefore, you should permanently save your money. Track your earnings and apply on other tasks simultaneously to maintain a steady income.
What do freelance creatives do?
A graphic designer can work as a full-time freelancer. The work is done online and involves creating work for clients who offer job opportunities. Jobs may include illustration work, logo work, brochure design work, book cover design work and more. In addition, graphic designers work with companies that need marketing material like infographics or videos or social media content such as Facebook posts and tweets.
Work at home job for a graphic designer is flexible and includes the ability to work day or night depending on client needs. The work done is primarily online, but some offline work may be required if work has to be printed out. For example, if you are working with business cards, you would need to print them out to work on them. Graphic design work at the home job also offers the ability to work remotely, which means no commuting time. Some companies require their workers to come into their office occasionally, but most do not.
Where can I find creatives?
Freelance work in graphic design is found online on job boards. Some work can be found on Craigslist, but most work is submitted at home job sites like Geolance.com. If you are looking for work as a graphic designer, make sure to sign up with these work-at-home sites because they will send out alerts when new jobs are available.
A work-at-home job for a graphic designer is work offered by companies. You can work full time or part-time depending on what you want to do. You can work remotely or in their office occasionally, but most work is online and need not take up too much of your time. For example, Geolance.com has thousands of new jobs added daily submitted by brands that want to hire graphic designers to create marketing material like infographics, Facebook posts, tweets and other social media content.
How do I become a freelance creative worker?
There are no educational requirements to work as a graphic designer, but you must submit work samples. For example, if you won't work as a logo designer, submit work that you have done for previous clients or yourself. Most work is done online and can be submitted by email or online file-sharing services like Dropbox. The more work samples that you have, the better your chances of being hired.
How much work do freelance graphic designers do?
According to statistics, in one year, a professional creative worker can make between $15,000 and $100,000. Some work is paid per project, while other graphic design work is offered on an hourly basis. If work is done hourly, prices can range anywhere, depending on your skill level. For example, those are just starting may only charge $10-$15/hr, where more experienced designers can charge upwards of $250+/hr. Graphic design work also varies in the number of hours it takes to complete, but generally, clients expect projects to be completed within 14-21 days.
Where can I find creative freelancers?
There are many freelance work-from-home job sites online. One of the more popular work from home websites is Geolance.com, where graphic designers, writers, and developers can work on projects for clients worldwide. Additionally, there are several works at home forums that you can join, including Flexjobs.com, Freelanceforum.com and even a subreddit dedicated to freelancers work from home Redditsubscribers.com.
How do I work as a freelance graphic designer?
Freelance work is done in different ways online, and work-at-home jobs that allow you to work from home are becoming more popular than ever. Some work can be done offline, such as graphic design work or editing photos, but other work like writing, coding, and data entry work must be completed online. Geolance.com and Flexjobs.com work similarly to Craigslist, where clients' post-work or result is achieved through an online bidding process. More work-from-home jobs sites will be discussed in the upcoming post.
The work is done online, and generally, work can be submitted by email or online file-sharing services like Dropbox. In addition, there is much work at home forums such as Flexjobs.com, Freelanceforum.com and even a subreddit dedicated to freelance work from home Redditsubscribers.com that allow freelancers the opportunity of working on projects for clients located around the world and who require work completed online.
Freelance work has become increasingly popular and more common than ever with the rise of technology and globalization, allowing companies to hire graphic designers all over the globe creating an increasing demand for freelance work from home jobs.
What do freelance creative directors do?
Freelance work varies depending on the type of work you are hired for, whether graphic design work or editing photos. The more work samples you have to charge more per hour and increase your chances of being selected for freelance jobs. Graphic designers work with clients both large and small, allowing them to work in different industries such as sports, entertainment, food, healthcare, etc. It is generally expected that projects will be completed within 14-21 days, but this also varies depending on the client.
When working online, freelancers must meet deadlines which can sometimes be difficult if they are located in different time zones. Creative directors work closely with individual freelance workers to ensure deadlines are met and communicate any changes needed in a project.
Overall, work as a freelance creative director can be rewarding and satisfying and requires lots of work. However, the result is generally fun and includes working on different projects, allowing freelancers to work in several other industries.
What are the highest-paying creative jobs?
According to this infographic, online work at home jobs for graphic designers can pay anywhere between $15.00 and $100 per hour (although the range is more comprehensive since many results from home gigs are freelance or contracting work that doesn't always get publicly posted). Many of these work-from-home graphic design jobs also offer benefits like paid time off.
Here's how much work online graphic designers make according to the infographic:
Freelance work (graphics designer): $50 to $100 per hour;
Contract work (graphics designer): $35 to $45 per hour;
Work for an agency (graphics/multimedia designer): $20 to $25 per hour;
Staff level work (graphics/multimedia designer): $15 per hour;
Work for a company (special effects): $55 to $100 per work;
Freelance work (3D artist): $50 to $75 per hour;
Contract work (3D artist): $35 to $45 per work;
Staff level work (3D artist): $20 to 25 work.
Work for an agency (3D modeller, animator, game developer, etc.): between $15 and 20 work;
Creative director of online companies: between $60 and 75 work.
Computer graphics producer: between work. (It's challenging to find hourly rates since many of these jobs are freelance or contracted.)
Geolance is a search engine that combines the power of machine learning with human input to make finding information easier.