Think being a freelancer consultant is just a pipe dream? Think twice. You can become an independent freelance consultant. Yes, even you. At Geolance, you can choose a management consulting specialty and set your consultant fees to market your business to your audience and get new jobs every day!
What Is a Geolance?
Geolance freelancer consultants help organizations of all sizes—from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses and even individuals—improve their performance. Our platform includes former business executives, programmers, graduates from top MBA programs, project managers with decades of experience, and certified Six Sigma Black Belts. We're ready to work on your projects as soon as they come in.
How Do I Set My Consulting Fees?
Here's the good news: You can control what you charge for your consulting services at Geolance! As a professional service company (PSC), we believe utilizing market rates and setting them allows us to pay our staff fairly and provide high-quality service. Here are two ways to determine your rates
How many experiences Do I Need?
No experience is required. Our staff will train you and help you launch your Geolance career as a strategy consultant. You'll complete several assignments during your first year of work at Geolance, including some face-to-face interaction with clients via web conferencing, such as Skype or WebEx. As time goes on and as we see that our consultants are performing well, they will be given more opportunities to interface with clients on more complex issues and projects that require travel. We want all our consultants to benefit from the guidance and direction provided by experienced project managers and senior personnel who can address any questions or concerns they may have throughout their careers at Geolance.
How Do I Get Started?
We have a simple application process. Click here to find out more, or follow these steps:
1) Register as a freelance consultant with Geolance by visiting our website at www.geolance.com and clicking on the 'Register' link at the top of the site.
2) Complete your registration by submitting your resume online!
3) We will contact you within 48 hours if we are interested in speaking to you about becoming an independent contractor for Geolance. Are You Ready to Work for Yourself?
Geolance is the perfect place for you to become a freelance consultant and set your consulting fees, freeing you from future job searches and the hassle of interviewing. In addition, we'll provide training and support throughout your entire Geolance career – so much that after seven years with us, one of our consultants was able to leave her full-time job and work as a freelance consultant at Geolance!
Define Your Offering and Your Value Proposition
You must set forth the company objectives you wish for in terms of the value proposition transparently. This is a business statement that explains why you utilize or order your services. In other words, it describes a client's motivation.
Also, it would help if you communicated the value of what you provide and professionally expressed yourself. Finally, you need to know your visitor's desires and outline them for them.
Brand Yourself as an Expert in Your Field
You must develop a brand identity through social media, articles published on your blog, articles shared to magazines and any other means possible. This will establish your service as the best choice for those interested in receiving it once you begin marketing yourself. As such, there should be no doubts that this is where clients wish to place their money.
As an example: Michael Benoit takes his knowledge of SEO and online advertising to help clients increase website traffic using Google Adwords campaigns so they can convert more leads into sales.
Find Your Unique Selling Proposition
You must find the one thing you can bring to the business that sets you apart from other brands offering similar services. For example, Michael Benoit will thrive in his field by providing valuable information about online advertising because he has personal experience with it and knows what clients want. Other consultants may offer opinions or advice on using Google Adwords, but very few have hands-on experience like him; thus, they are less valuable because they don't prepare their clients for real-life scenarios.
Register with a Freelance Management Consulting Platform!
As a freelancing management consultant for clients, I assist businesses in locating consumers. These firms are close to those in the marijuana business seeking a management consultant. One may discover a private conversation about needs by visiting one of these sites. If you fulfill these criteria, a freelancing platform like Geolance should bring you to the client. For example, one of their clients may have seen your profile and known that you only work with firms with Investment Grade Stock Capital or retailers who have $20000 to $30000 in funds. You will save time and energy if you let a freelance business get you an assignment. It's simple, instead of sending out hundreds of resumes each month to potential clients. Put your information on a freelancing site. There are thousands of clients who have already signed up to post jobs and search for employees online.
Moreover, one must define their offering and value proposition clearly by establishing the business objectives they wish to accomplish with their target audience. The business must also brand itself as an expert in the field so that potential clients will receive the best service. Furthermore, one must find their unique selling proposition to separate themselves from other brands in the industry to attract more customers. Finally, you can register with a freelance management consulting platform like Geolance, making getting new work every day will be easier!
Use Inbound Marketing to Position Yourself as an Expert
Blog posts, videos, and social media posts are all examples of inbound marketing. Sharing essential information about an area of your field on blogs, videos, or social media postings is part of inbound marketing. You may demonstrate your abilities to a broader audience through your social media accounts by using video clips showcasing your face. If you're looking for someone to help you learn more about yourself, begin by checking their LinkedIn profile or website or portfolio on social media. This is the ideal moment for freelance management consulting professionals since many sectors are ready to hire one and need it. Contact Geolance immediately if you require assistance with a freelancer management consultancy service.
How Do I Choose My Perfect Niche?
There is no "perfect niche for an independent consultant." What's the ideal niche for you is the one where you're enthusiastic about addressing issues. You'll be more motivated to learn about the difficulties and solutions if you're passionate about the subject. The most excellent approach to recruit clients is to define your target market and clientele clearly. Choose an industry below to learn more about management consulting services in finance, horse dentistry, e-commerce, or porn rehabilitation. Then, make a selection based on your interests.
Create a Plan to Find the Right Clients for Your Management Consulting Business
The only way to find clients for your management consulting business is to plan it. You might want to create a document asking yourself questions about the following: What are your skills? Who do you want as your ideal clientele? How much time can you allocate each day for marketing and selling? What's the cost of marketing materials like brochures, stationery or website designs? Once you have answers to these questions, you're ready to search for other businesses that need consultants just like you.
Do you have a clear idea of what you're looking for before approaching possible customers? Then, an offering document is required. This essentially implies that you must first identify your target clientele. What are they searching for? What will entice them to contact me? How can I reach out to them if I don't speak their language or am in a different global region? Geolance bridges these gaps so that as a freelance consultant, you may connect with clients from all around the world.
Find Your First Client
You may always locate new customers through Geolance's worldwide network. This is because the firm has its local networks, giving it a competitive advantage. Therefore, it would help if you took advantage of this opportunity to evaluate various paying clients from all around the world.
The following is a list of tips to use if you are considering how to start your management consulting business:
- Identify your ideal clientele. If you want to know more about what your target audience needs, search for it on the Internet. You may also consult with people you know who are already in this industry. The more you learn about them, the simpler it will be for you to find other clients like them.
- Consider offering documents before contacting potential customers or taking other steps towards starting your freelance consulting business. This implies that you must first understand what they need and why they should cooperate with you instead of another rival consultant. An "offering document" asks questions as "What are my skills?" or "What will entice these clients to employ me?"
- If possible, look for other businesses inside your target clientele's area that need help with management consulting. The more accessible you are to the people you're interested in helping, the better chances of securing a project or job. This is because you'll be able to provide an option within their geographical location and time zone. Even if they hire someone else instead of you, at least they'll keep thinking about hiring an independent consultant like yourself in the future.
- Make sure that your business card has your name and contact information on it so people can get in touch with you after reading your brochure or visiting your website. You may design it by yourself or use online services to create one for you.
- You may also market yourself on your company website or blog if you have one. Make sure that it provides valuable information about business consulting and management and how consulting can benefit its users. List down principles and skills that qualify you as a severe consultant to give people confidence in hiring an independent expert like yourself.
- Assemble a portfolio of your previous works so potential customers can check out samples of what you did for other companies before they decide to hire you. Have at least six projects to show off when meeting with interested clients because more than 40% of businesses usually request proposals from two or three consultants.
- Last but not least, be confident when dealing with people! Many freelancers get nervous when trying to communicate with strangers. However, if you can convince your new clients that you're the right person for the project, they will most likely hire you and then some in future business endeavours.
Geolance is a search engine that combines the power of machine learning with human input to make finding information easier.