You probably don't know what the word is all about. What's the gig? We're here to explain this term to people who want to know more. The term gig has different meanings in different contexts. In common conversation, most people use the word as a verb to work or have a job. In other words, it is an activity for one party and gets paid by another party. However, it's a platform where people can connect and get paid for their services in the gig economy.
In this article, we'll discuss what a gig is.
What is a gig in straightforward words?
The gig is a platform where people get paid for the services they offer to those who put up requests, or gig is one of the solutions offered in the gig economy. This is a set of jobs that independent contractors do to get extra money or supplement their primary income.
The gigs themselves are not really part-time or full-time jobs because they are based on the individual's schedule and hourly payment. Delivery, Uber, Lyft, Doordash and other services provide a gig worker with a source of income. There is no guarantee for a fixed income, but gig workers are independent and can do jobs whenever they want to make extra cash.
Geolance can help start your own gig jobs by creating a social network platform for your small business. For example, you can create a site where you can share your culinary or creative talent with others. In addition, Geolance makes it easy for your customers to hire and pay local experts from around the world. This innovative platform promises to be the best workplace for freelancers who need social protection based on blockchain technology.
An enthusiastic team creates Geolance with 8 years of experience and more than 1 million users in creating global marketplaces for local services. In 2018 we decided to move forward and create a platform that allows blockchain technology to be implemented successfully into our system.
Geolance platform is an ecosystem where workers can find high-quality goods & services without being charged by a centralized third party. In addition, the Geolance platform bypasses many of the barriers that prevent cryptocurrencies from being used for everyday purchases by utilizing a fluid exchange rate.
How is Geolance different?
Geolance goes beyond just connecting customers to service providers. It offers its users more than just this. It creates a social network environment where service providers can interact and help each other. This adds a new level to the service process.
Geolance goes even further – it allows service providers to build their own communities and share leads with other freelancers who provide different services but are looking for similar ones.
On the Geolance platform, users do not need to be experts in offering their services. Once an account is created, service providers can enter into a contract with customers and offer services they are interested in. In addition, all payments that take place within this platform will be made using Geolance's native token - GAC tokens.
Gig platforms also provide an opportunity for those who want to start their own business or supplement their income. Of course, it's all up to you how much and when you work, but the fee is only $5 per hour, which is not too bad!
What are the main features of the gig?
Today we discuss some of them that stand out from the others.
1. Make your own schedule and work. This feature allows you to work whenever you want to earn extra money or to start a new business for yourself, so it's up to you how many hours of work you need to generate income for you and your family.
2 . We all know that everyone has different levels of experience in their fields, so gig economy platforms allow you to monetize your skills. For example, if you are a writer or translator, you can offer your services and make money online by having flexible jobs.
3 . If you want to start your own business, you will get the opportunity to use these platforms to start your business. For example, if you want to become a photographer and provide services for weddings or events, this is one of many ways to create an income and work from home without investing money in it.
4 . Gig economy companies value the skills of their workers and provide them with the best payment system. In most cases, you are paid for your services either by credit or PayPal, so you can get various payments on simple tasks that will be done for you through the gig worker's platform.
5. Becoming a gig worker is also an opportunity to make money online at home without investing in a company. For example, the Amazon Fulfillment service does not require you to incur additional costs to maintain and store your inventory which can be expensive for a new business owner.
6. Gig platforms recognize the need for independent contractors and work to help them perform all tasks without complications. For example, Uber Eats provides its gig workers with a delivery bag to deliver food to the customer in a secure way.
7. A gig is an opportunity to learn new skills and explore different fields of work you may not have thought about previously. For example, if you are a student or just graduated from college, starting as a gig worker is a good opportunity to learn new skills and get the necessary experience.
8. With the gig economy, you can earn extra cash because these services are not limited to making food deliveries or providing transportation. They also include such services as cleaning, dog walking, office work, home repair, etc. The gig is an opportunity for those looking for extra income in their free time, even when we have some free time from our regular jobs. For instance, if you are a designer or writer, you can work when convenient and keep your working and life balance.
9. Gig is a platform for companies with extra resources, such as restaurants or companies that pay their workers in full, to use the gig workers to deliver food to customers using extra resources.
10. Gig is also great for those who need the assistance of someone with more expertise and knowledge than they have in a particular field. For example, if you need accounting services but do not know how to set up an account or want to hire a worker who has experience in the field, the gig is great for that because you can work on your business and get assistance when needed.
What is a Gig Economy?
Unlike a traditional-work, desk-based full-time job in one company, the gig economy is more flexible, and the independent contractors work primarily on short-term or temporary contracts. The terms “gig economy” are relatively new, and they are often nontraditional. The U.S. population has long regarded the gig economy as a new way to describe a long-established independent workforce. The gig economy is an opportunity for those workers who like to be independent and not necessarily work full time.
Who uses the gig workers platform in Canada?
You can find many professionals on gig platforms who work part-time or extra hours, such as Uber drivers. What is great news for all Canadian freelancers and small business owners: you may not need to hire employees because of the gig platform.
Who are the gig workers in Canada?
The concept of a gig worker is often associated with short-term contracts and freelance activity, but it also defines an independent workforce or casual labour market in general. It’s estimated that there are more than 500 000 people employed on a part-time basis, doing jobs through online platforms across Canada. These people are not always looking for a full-time job, but they also do not like being completely unemployed, so they turn to this form of work as an opportunity.
This group includes professionals with higher education and great professional experience or just graduated from college and university.
Who are gig workers?
As of May 2017, there were 10.6 million independent workers. Fewer than half of these workers use gig work. The male and female workers participate equally in the gig economy. Still, they differ on the types of gigs they take over as new technologies continue to facilitate workforce sharing and make work anywhere possible on a global scale. And law-wise, there is much further to learn. And there's much legislation. It's going to be some time before we know the consequences of gig work. And this is a reason why it's important for those involved in the gig economy and those who are not to learn about the law.
How to become a gig worker through the gig economy
You can apply for gigs online at companies in the gig economy, such as Geolance. Alternatively, you can think of your own ideas and try to get someone to pay you for them. For instance, if you like writing, you can develop an eBook that is relevant to your area and sell it online. However, if you do not know how to make a website, you will need someone who knows how to help with all the technical challenges.
What are the benefits of the gig economy?
The gig economy job has many benefits over a typical one. The most obvious is that you get to choose your own hours as long as it suits the clients' needs. Another advantage is that you set your own pay rate depending on how much work you complete and how much quality work you do. And the best part is that if you get bored with the gig economy, it's easy to move to a different type of gig or move on altogether.
How to find jobs in the gig economy?
There are many ways to find jobs in the gig economy since many websites offer them Upwork, Fiverr, and freelancers. So if you go to those websites, you will see gigs available for people, and all you have to do is bid on them or contact the employer if interested.
Hopefully, this article was useful, and you will make use of the gig.
Leave your thought here
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Geolance is a search engine that combines the power of machine learning with human input to make finding information easier.