Do you want to add this user to your connections?
Connect with professionalInvite trusted professional to work on your projects
How to start working with us.
Geolance is a marketplace for remote freelancers who are looking for freelance work from clients around the world.
Create an account.
Simply sign up on our website and get started finding the perfect project or posting your own request!
Fill in the forms with information about you.
Let us know what type of professional you're looking for, your budget, deadline, and any other requirements you may have!
Choose a professional or post your own request.
Browse through our online directory of professionals and find someone who matches your needs perfectly, or post your own request if you don't see anything that fits!
Personal shopping carts in software combine standalone software and embedded commerce services to simplify online buying experiences and make it easy to choose and reserve a particular purchase before leaving to checkout. Currently, it has become a critical resource in a time when online purchasing is becoming a preferred mode of buying goods and services. Both the vendor and the purchaser depend on these services for successful transactions. Tell me the reason to install a shopping cart? Shop cart software aims to support online retailers with large customer databases as well as a simplified self-service system.
I created my website with a site builder. Do I already have a shopping cart?
When you create a website with a site builder, your eCommerce solution is provided by the online store feature of the software. It provides only limited functionality as it is not designed to handle a large number of customers or products, unlike dedicated shopping cart applications. On click of a button, I want my site to have the capabilities of Shopify and Bigcommerce?
In case you don't have an eCommerce solution on your website, then depending upon your requirements there are multiple open source and commercial shopping cart software available that can cut down development time and cost required for the development. How much do web-based shopping cart systems cost?
On average, based on features web-cart base solutions start from 0$/month to 100s of dollars. In the case of business to business, an average web-cart system can cost anywhere from 5$/month to 200$/month.
Installing a shopping cart is critical to the success of your online business.
A shopping cart allows customers to add items to their purchases and reserve them before checkout. This makes it easy for customers to buy what they want and speeds up the buying process.
Shopping carts make online purchasing quick, easy, and convenient for customers. They provide an enjoyable buying experience that will keep customers coming back for more.
What are the features a shopping cart should have? All standard features for a traditional online store
A basic shopping cart application should be equipped with the following capabilities: Billing & Shipping Address Verification Secure Order Form Product Catalog Search/Filter Payment integration Ecommerce tools such as Autofill form, drop-down menus. Abandoned Cart Email Analysis Reports Multi-Currency Support SEO-driven design and content management Ability to monitor data storage, In addition, there is some advanced feature required by high volume businesses that make them distinct from basic or entry-level carts. What is this "SEO-driven design" and why should I care? An eCommerce website that is built keeping SEO in mind helps search engine crawlers easily crawl your site, index it, and categorize your items. Listing products on Google Product Search, Bing Merchant Center, or eBay via feeds are easy when you have an eCommerce website that is optimized for all major search engines. A shopping cart should be able to provide full personalization of the product catalog by adding metadata to improve their reach with the most relevant set of products.
Can I integrate my existing shopping cart with other services?
Yes. Today's modern carts are API-driven or they offer software development kits (SDKs) to connect them with third-party systems through web services / APIs. Most popular carts like Shopify, Magento, etc offer an application programming interface (API) for connecting them to other systems. Typical use cases are adding shipping rate calculators or email marketing campaigns, etc.
What are the benefits of using shopping cart services? Increase in sales through the improved shopping experience
A typical online store can see anywhere from 3% - 10% conversion rates with carts that offer unique features like cross-selling, product recommendations, social coupons, and built-in marketing tools. There are no extra costs involved in buying products when they are offered by multiple vendors An integrated service lets merchants sell their products on marketplaces by allowing automatic fulfillment services An eCommerce solution helps manage inventory efficiently resulting in lower overhead costs Dashboards provide real-time reports on traffic sources, conversions, sales by location/currency/marketplace Availability of multiple language support at the product and checkout page.
Why do you need shopping cart software?
There are several benefits of having a shopping cart as part of your eCommerce website:
· Offer products that you sell from multiple vendors
· Let customers track their order status and order history. At any point in time, it gives them an option to change or cancel the order.
· Ability to offer discounts/coupon codes for existing customers. This helps you build customer loyalty without spending too much money on marketing campaigns like other traditional channels do.
· Provides built-in marketing tools like abandoned cart recovery, email marketing campaign integration, built-in coupons/discounts, etc., resulting in higher impact at a lower cost.
What is the future of web-based shopping carts?
Web-based shopping carts will continue to remain the most popular eCommerce solution for small and mid-sized businesses. With more and more vendors offering such software as a service, there will be an increase in demand for web-based shopping carts.
How do I choose between open source vs. commercial carts? Before you make your choice, here are some questions that you should ask:
· How much experience does the vendor have with dealing with my industry vertical?
· Will they provide me with regular updates to their product line?
· What happens if you stop supporting your application after 3 years?
· How is their technical support team? Can they answer all my queries or refer me to someone who can help me out if they don't know the answer themselves?
· What is the cost of ownership? How much time and money do I need to set aside every month/quarter for maintenance, support, upgrades, etc.?
What is a shopping cart?
A shopping cart is a financial transaction that takes place on an eCommerce website. It allows customers to input multiple products into their "shopping basket" or virtual shopping cart by adding items until they are ready to purchase. A checkout function follows, providing the customer with shipping and payment information options for legal dealings.
What are the different types of shopping carts? Online store owners typically use one of four types of carts: open-source, hosted, downloadable or hybrid. Open-source systems are often free while others might cost $5,000 per year or more depending on your needs. Typically these websites offer no phone support but rather rely on user forums for self-help.
Hosted solutions can be created through platforms like Shopify, Magento, and BigCommerce. These types of websites typically require a small monthly fee and provide the merchant with basic product listings and selling capabilities. More advanced solutions offer custom designs, can be integrated with social media accounts, and include mobile-friendly tools for customers on the go.
Downloadable shopping carts are specific to your store's domain name. This type of cart requires you to upgrade or change your existing website when it expires, so they don't necessarily allow loyalty programs, cross-marketing, or customer referrals through other websites. There is also no social media access with downloadable carts and no built-in analytics.
Hybrid systems like Volusion offer both hosted and downloadable options that help marketers design professional digital storefronts while still providing an easy back-end system for business owners. These tools include built-in marketing programs, analytics systems, and the best shopping cart software for eCommerce.
What is SSL?
SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer and basically what this means is that all of your traffic between you and the user browsing your website will be encrypted using encryption algorithms ensuring that hackers cannot steal any information.
What are some basic features of an online store? An online store must have these features to provide a comfortable buying experience for customers:
· Product information displayed clearly with specifications.
· Online payment option which can accept credit card payments securely over the internet.
· Customizable shipping options based on location or time frame.
· Detailed inventory management allowing users to see products stock levels.
· Simple customization of the user interface to promote brand awareness.
What is an SSL Certificate?
It stands for Secure Socket Layer which ensures that all your traffic between you and the user browsing your website will be encrypted using encryption algorithms ensuring that hackers cannot steal any information.
Now, let's do some shopping… in 10 easy steps!
1. Know what you need in an online store - For example, if you sell high-tech equipment, then mobile commerce platform with eCommerce search engine optimization may not meet your requirements. You might want a blog or news section too so people can stay up-to-date on the latest tech equipment.
2. Determine a budget - How much money do you have to start your online store? If you don't have the cash, talk to suppliers about payment plans or visit a business lender.
3. Create an inventory list - What items will you sell on the web? Will the products come from wholesalers or local stores? Write down each product name and its price along with information about shipping costs etc.
4. Research professional eCommerce platforms that offer SSL Certificates & shopping carts - Compare features and prices of different great cart software before selecting one for your online store groceries. Find out what type of consumer base they target and if this matches your market sector. Check customer testimony from other clients who own online stores. The software should be easy to use, have a professional web layout, and include features you want in your store.
5. Look for web hosting service providers that offer SSL Certificates - Your website needs space on a company's server so others can find it in search results when they type in a product or items related to your business sector. Check the hosting company has an easily accessible help desk and positive client testimonials.
6. Add your product catalog & inventory - Upload images of the products you plan to sell through your online shop using free stock image websites or purchase pictures from commercial photograph libraries if needed.
7 . Set up an online payment gateway - With this method, credit card numbers are sent directly from customer's mobile device to transaction processors for validation. Encryption technology protects the transfer of information over the internet.
8 . Design a basic website - The web design must be professional, aesthetically pleasing, and promote brand awareness through color schemes and logos. Add navigation throughout your store for easy product browsing by customers or to highlight blog posts or specials you are offering at that time.
9 . Implement marketing strategies - Run advertisements on social media networks, place banners on related websites, upload videos to YouTube, etc.
10 . Monitor your online shop's performance using analytics tools - An eCommerce tracking service tracks user behavior on the site to determine where conversions are highest so you can adjust layouts or market campaigns accordingly. This is important information for businesses with limited budgets since it shows how customers interact with a store's design and product offerings.
2 Main types of grocery cart software:
A) The basic, do-it-all option: This kind of eCommerce platform offers several features and is easy to use right out of the box.
B) Customized shopping carts: Get exactly what you want and need in an online store and nothing else by choosing this perkier option.
6 Essential online store components:
1 . Product Catalog: Create a virtual catalog with product images, descriptions, stock details, prices, etc.
2 . Product Listing Page: Decide how much information should be displayed on the page to help customers browse through several products quickly.
3 . Secure Payment Gateway: Accept credit card payments from customers securely so both have peace of mind when conducting business online.
4 . Website Design: A beautiful storefront that reflects a company's image and offers all the necessary tools to facilitate easy shopping for customers.
5 . Online Marketing: Use strategies to attract new customers and keep old ones coming back.
6 . ECommerce Tracking Tools: This important feature provides actionable data from user patterns on an online store's website, allowing business owners to make improvements or market more efficiently.
How to choose the right shopping cart software?
1 . Set your budget: Shopping cart software packages vary in price so it's important to know how much money is available before you begin shopping around. Note that some free options include limited features and support, but may fit a company's needs for an online store at the beginning of its growth phase.
2 . Determine your business type: The types of consumer bases that will shop through your eCommerce site points to the most suitable eCommerce platform. For example, if you provide services or sell custom-made products, use a system like Magento which caters more towards high volume businesses with complex product lineups. If you sell physical goods or digital content such as music or apps, a Shopify or WooCommerce installation is most ideal. If you're not sure what your business will sell and how it will grow with time, choose a flexible shopping cart software that can be expanded over time as needed.
3 . Research plugins: Find the best eCommerce platform for your site by considering which types of plugins enhance its core features like shipping tools or payment gateways to make processes more user-friendly and secure. Some carts offer seamless addition of third-party extensions as well as compatibility with other popular software packages such as those created for SEO optimization.
4 . Look at customer reviews: See what other users have to say about eCommerce platforms or their hosting services before making a decision or asking another party's advice.
5 . Examine a shopping cart's active community: Find out how many members use the eCommerce platform you're considering purchasing through or customize for your website. How often do they get involved in its upgrades and documentation? What other online stores does it work well with? The more support available from fellow users, developers, and other third parties who have been successful using an eCommerce platform, the better it is for future maintenance and success of your business' site.
6 . Get recommendations from web designers: Asking a company that designs websites can be a great way to find out which features are best suited for a particular type of online store. A designer may suggest integrating several different plugins so one software package is not responsible for handling all administrative tasks in your website, which would slow it down.
7 . See what's new in the eCommerce marketplace: Many new eCommerce platforms are released every year that offer better features than others or help to fix problems that were frustrating users of older platforms' websites before they went out of business. Internet Marketers are usually very eager to share their knowledge about different ways you can increase sales revenue through enhancing current shopping cart software with plugins rather than switching over to another platform altogether in swivel wheels sing.
Shopping Cart Software Packages
1. LemonStand - Based on the Ruby on Rails framework and offering three subscription levels, LemonStand includes content management tools, customizable design templates, SEO optimization features, rich analytics engine, one-page checkout, full PCI Compliance for credit card transactions, email marketing tools, and Magento integration. A free trial is available before purchasing with monthly or annual subscriptions.
2. Volusion - This cloud-based online store builder has many flexible plans with no setup fees or long-term contracts that can be canceled at any time. A Starter plan includes unlimited products, photos, categories, pages, visitors tracking analytics suite, social media integration tools, secure payment options for major credit cards and PayPal accounts, SEO optimization features including Google Analytics integration, affiliate marketing applications to help save on advertising costs/commissions paid to affiliates, built-in search engine optimization functionality based on research of keywords most relevant to your particular business type/target market, shopping lens previews to increase your site's exposure via search engines, customer reviews, and more. The Basic plan adds unlimited orders, inventory management tools like product options (size, color), online chat functionality for providing instant customer service/communication with real-time messaging powered by JivoChat; priority email support; personalized gift messages; customizable email receipts; discount coupons; gift certificates; promotional pricing discounts for both products and subscriptions; CRM tools like notes on customers/products/pages allowing you to maintain detailed records on important information about each member of your site are the audience/potential clients all in one place; PayPal integration with 2Checkout & Digital River payment gateways for accepting debit & credit cards using the former company while allowing offline payments through checks and money orders for the latter; Google Analytics integration; SEO module that allows you to see what keywords your customers/potential clients are using when searching for products or services like yours and how often they're used to search with the most popular searches listed first.
3. BigCommerce - A basic plan is free and includes unlimited products, categories, pages, blogging tools, photos hosting capabilities (up to 20 GB of photo storage), visitor tracking analytics suite powered by Google Analytics which can be edited for privacy concerns before publishing them on your site's front-end pages, two payment options (Google Checkout/PayPal) with no transaction fees charged by either company; social media links including Facebook sharing buttons found under each product page's description, Twitter share buttons found on pages/posts, newsletter integration status updates to keep your subscribers informed of new products and sales you're currently offering through your website; shopping cart abandonment email feature that sends emails five days after someone's made a purchase reminding them of their store credit balance if they didn't finalize the transaction for whatever reason which also allows you to suggest payment options like PayPal where it might be easier for them to pay using their stored credit card information, if it's listed.
4. Shopify - Shopify has been around since 2006 making online store creation accessible to smaller businesses who couldn't afford the required monthly subscription fees charged by other platforms at the time plus giving entrepreneurs with less technical knowledge a platform from which they can promote their business. Their Basic plan is free and includes unlimited products, categories, visitors tracking analytics suite powered by Google Analytics to monitor how many people are visiting your site daily/weekly/monthly, social media links for connecting with Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn account holders so you can share new product announcements with their friends/connections who may be interested in what you're selling; built-in search engine optimization functionality that allows you to research popular keywords then integrate them into your products' descriptions (where appropriate) and store pages (home page's blog posts) allowing major search engines like Google to display content from your site when customers use certain phrases or words while searching for products or services like yours; customer reviews powered by third-party provider PowerReviews which lets customers write their own reviews and rate products based on a 1-5 scale while displaying the average user rating for each product to give potential buyers an idea of how worthwhile it is before they add it to their shopping cart; subscription billing module that allows you to offer monthly or yearly memberships/subscriptions with either free trials or paid ones that include access to new content added on a regular basis, upgraded account features like advanced reporting capabilities, new customizations for members only etc.
5. Magento - An open-source eCommerce platform which means anyone can download its files and customize them for their business needs making Magento the website owner's responsibility instead of the web developer who has access to administrator tools allowing him/her to monitor traffic sources/conversions, manage customers, create coupons & discount codes, organize products into categories and subcategories/product types (digital downloads vs. physical goods), create additional revenue through pay-per-click advertising by publishing Google Adsense ads on your store's pages or setting up an affiliate program to generate revenue by referring business to other eCommerce websites offering related products for sale; site search bar powered by Google that lets visitors quickly find what they're looking for while helping you monitor how many people are using it daily/weekly/monthly providing valuable insight into which products are most popular giving you the ability to track the effectiveness of promotional offers sent out via email leading directly back to sales made without having to manually check every transaction record in your store's database; content management system that's capable of taking new products added by the web developer then publishing them to your site(s) via your account login without having to worry about HTML, FTP or other programming/coding languages which can be difficult for some people to learn before they even start trying to put their store together.
4 Shopping Cart Software Features You Need to Know Before Choosing One for Your ECommerce Site
1. Simplicity - How easy is it to set up your store with the platform? Does it require any special skills or technical knowledge that may be difficult for some people to learn before they can even get started? Most online eCommerce stores are built by web developers working with clients who have little-to-no experience using one of these platforms thus creating a unique requirement list for each client which often includes the ability to make simple updates without needing help from "tech support" every time, having an easy-to-navigate interface so customers know where to look when trying to find what they're looking for on your site and whether or not you can import product information straight from an existing website with just a few clicks so you don't have to re-enter all of the data over again.
2. Flexibility - Do you want your eCommerce site to be able to handle multiple storefronts, currencies, and languages for shoppers in different parts of the world? Are there certain features offered by competing platforms that will help enhance your business's online presence that you'd like to include on your site but it/they aren't available with one or more shopping cart software? Make sure the platform you choose is flexible enough to meet all (or most) of your unique requirements otherwise it may be time-consuming/expensive for your web developer to build customizations/add-ons not offered by default thus resulting in higher costs for the finished product.
3. Security - How secure is your site? What type of security features are offered by each platform you're considering? Should a breach occur, will it be necessary to manually comb through all of your orders/customer information to make sure nothing was compromised, or do they provide real-time monitoring services for every transaction made giving you the ability to quickly see who is purchasing what than taking action accordingly? Our SSL certificates issued automatically when necessary without requiring any additional payment from the eCommerce store owner, web developer, or customer? Are they PCI compliant thus meeting credit card industry guidelines set in place for online merchants accepting major credit cards as forms of payment on their sites which can result in hefty fines if not fully enforced?
4. International Sales - Do you want to accept payments in multiple currencies, languages, and/or countries? Is support for your eCommerce platform offered worldwide allowing you the ability to quickly resolve any issues that may arise while taking orders from someone outside of your home country? Can you create language-specific versions of each page on your site so customers can read them in their native language thus eliminating problems caused by things like typos, misspelled words, etc.?
Geolance is an on-demand staffing platform
We're a new kind of staffing platform that simplifies the process for professionals to find work. No more tedious job boards, we've done all the hard work for you.
Geolance is a search engine that combines the power of machine learning with human input to make finding information easier.